Israeli Voters Shift Towards CenterJanuary 23, 2013 16:38 by Pesach Benson
Israel and the Palestinians
• Palestinian press freedom took a hit as Hamas arrested a number of Fatah-affiliated journalists. According to the Jerusalem Post, Hamas gave no reason for the arrests.
• Bad news for the BDS movement: India and Israel deepen defense ties.
Iranian Atomic Urgency
• I haven’t gotten around to listening yet, but Intelligence Squared featured a debate on whether Israel can live with a nuclear Iran. James Dobbins and Reuven Peditzur squared off against Shmuel Bar and Jeffrey Goldberg.
• CNN previews today’s Jordanian elections.
• What would you call the latest Russia-Syria developments?
• While the economy continues tanking, Spengler says denial is still a river in Egypt.
Egypt is running out of everything, except well-wishers from the Western foreign policy establishment, for which the Arab Spring has been a humiliating proposition.
Rest O’ the Roundup
(Image of F-16 via Flickr/US Air Force)
For more, see Monday’s Israel Daily News Stream.