Iranian Atomic Urgency
• According to the Wall St. Journal (via Google News), the US is seeking a cap on the number of Iran’s ballistic missiles as part of a comprehensive agreeement. But Tehran says that’s beyond the scope of the talks.
• Worth reading: Gary Samore, the Obama administration’s former top expert on weapons of mass destruction, discussed the nuclear talks and Iranian sincerity with Jeffrey Goldberg. (See also Boaz Bismuth‘s response.)
• A pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up in Beirut near an Iranian cultural center. According to the Daily Star say an Al-Qaida linked group called the Abdullah Azzam Brigades has claimed responsibility for the attack. Last I saw, the Star reported seven dead and 128 injured.
• Thumbs up to Time for calling terror, terror.
• For more commentary/analysis, see Smadar Perry (Egypt primitively plays down Israel ties),
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.