Israel and the Palestinians
• Efraim Karsh looks at the Mideast’s real apartheid.
• For the first time since Hamas took over Gaza, Israel is allowing Gazans to export goods to the West Bank. More at Haaretz.
• I liked how thoroughly McGill Students for Israel denounced Israel Apartheid Week.
• AFP/Now Lebanon report that the Syrian army is turning its attention to Rastan, a rebel-controlled city located between Homs and Hama.
• The Belfast Telegraph rounds up Big Media reports on Syrian atrocities.
Refugees fleeing though farmland from marauding Syrian troops have claimed forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad are committing war crimes against civilians in Homs, slitting the throats of children and slaughtering their victims “like sheep”.
• Egypt’s pipeline carrying gas to Israel and Jordan was blown up by Sinai Islamists. Haaretz says it’s the 12th such attack.
• The first scandal for Egypt’s new parliament made for a great San Francisco Chronicle headline:
Rest O’ the Roundup
• The New Yorker examines radical and extremist tendencies within the Israeli body politic.
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.
Clicking “Unsubscribe instantly” on your mailing will remove you from the Israel Daily News Stream list, but not from your regular HonestReporting emails.