Everything you need to know about today’s coverage of Israel and the Mideast. Join the Israel Daily News Stream on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
1. Here’s the IDF’s final inventory of weapons found aboard the Klos-C.
After detailed analysis carried out by the Engineering Corps, the IDF found 40 M-302 rockets, with a range of between 90 to 160 kilometers, hidden in crates.
The Klos C also carried 180 120mm. mortar shells and some 400,000 7.62mm. bullets.
2. Hezbollah’s bleeding: 120 Hezbollahniks were reportedly killed in and around the rebel-held town of Yabroud in recent days. Times of Israel coverage.
— Roger Simon (@rogerlsimon) March 10, 2014
Rest O’ the Roundup
• Times of Israel: A 30-year-old Palestinian was shot and killed at the Allenby border crossing after trying to snatch an Israeli soldier’s gun.
• Gaza’s Salafi leader — inspired by Al-Qaeda, no less — discussed the state of his growing movement with AP.
• Arab League foreign ministers reject recognizing Israel as a a Jewish state and — surprise, surprise — blamed Israel for the impasse. AP coverage.
• The JTA reports that injured Ukrainian protesters are being brought to Israel for medical treatment.
• For more commentary/analysis, see Eitan Haber (a military operation is not a P.R. campaign), Jerusalem Post (will Klos-C sink Rouhani like Karine-A sank Arafat?), and Zohar Reuveni (thumbs up to the IDF spokesperson’s unit),
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.