Rest O’ the Roundup
• It’s always the people you least suspect:
• NY Times: Israel watches warily as Hezbollah gets battlefield experience in Syria.
• Haaretz visited the Jews of Venezuela for a first-hand look at how the community’s dealing with the roiling anti-government protests.
Maduro, according to people in the Jewish community, has not exhibited anti-Semitic tendencies. What they fear today, though, are “local initiatives by militias who decide to take the law in their own hands – those from the lower ranks that might try to divert the anger of the masses, as has happened to the Jews countless times in history.”
• New testimony from a former Iranian intelligence official points a finger at Tehran for the Lockerbie bombing. See David Horovitz‘s take.
• Israeli man tasered outside Paris synagogue.
• A voice in the wilderness:
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.