• I hope UNRWA director Filippo Grandi wasn’t quoting from one of his organization’s school books.
• John Kerry’s off to Amman to meet Mahmoud Abbas tomorrow. NY Times coverage suffices.
• The European Union ambassador to Israel says the EU’s prepared to pay Palestinian refugees to waive their “right” of return. Fools and their money are soon parted. See the Times of Israel.
• For more commentary/analysis, see Boaz Bismuth (Abbas wants peace — with Hamas), Khaled Abu Toameh (the Palestinian dream of destroying Israel), Ryan Bellerose (the theft of indigenous struggles), and Ron Kampeas (US struggles to salvage sinking peace talks).
Rest O’ the Roundup
• Jerusalem Post: Hungary’s ambassador Lebanon, Laszlo Varadi, denied praising Hezbollah during a visit to a Hezbollah park in southern Lebanon.
• Aaron David Miller weighs in on US-Saudi ties.
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.