Israel Daily News Stream 04/18/2012April 18, 2012 15:27 by Pesach Benson
Everything you need to know about today’s media coverage of Israel and the Mideast.
Palestinians deliver letter to Netanyahu. Turkey strongly considers military action against Syria. And why is Jordan turning away Palestinian refugees fleeing Syria?
Join the Israel Daily News Stream on Facebook.
Israel and the Palestinians
• Israel HaYom obtained a copy of the letter PA officials gave Prime Minister Netanyahu.
The instruction page, which was obtained by Ynet, urges officers to remember that “the media, and especially the foreign press, is looking for strong images, even provocative, and therefore we must refrain from creating such images unnecessarily.
“Remember that reporters on the field can create a provocation by their very presence or even intentionally in order to incite you to react the way they want you to,” the document stated.
Iranian Atomic Urgency
• Khaled Abu Toameh wonders why Jordan keeping out Palestinian refugees fleeing Syria?
The Jordanians are worried that if they allow a few hundred Palestinians to settle in the kingdom, that would create a precedent and pave the way for 500,000 Palestinians living in Syria to run away to Jordan.
As Jordan’s King Abdullah already has a problem with the 80% Palestinian majority in his kingdom, he does not want the Palestinians in the kingdom.
• Ankara’s strongly considering seizing Syrian territory and setting up a buffer zone. Details at The Media Line.
• Julian Assange’s talk show on the Kremlin-funded Russia Today network kicked off. Special soapbox for Hezbollah’s Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, who offered to mediate a resolution to the Syrian uprising An accused rapist interviews a terror chief, but is this really journalism?
• In an LA Times op-ed, Jordan’s Prince Hassan bin Talal frets that the US will abandon the Mideast.
Rest O’ the Roundup
• Haaretz publisher Amos Schocken explains why his paper gave more prominence to the Japanese tsunami than to the massacre of the Fogel family. It’s A Cold Hierarchy of Importance.
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.
Clicking “Unsubscribe instantly” on your mailing will remove you from the Israel Daily News Stream list, but not from your regular HonestReporting emails.