PA Snarls Egalitarian Prayer at Western WallJune 13, 2013 15:43 by Pesach Benson
• Not your typical medical referral:
• The Quneitra crossing’s zero civilian traffic is a sign of weakening Druze-Syrian ties. According to the LA Times, the civil war may eventually strengthen Israel-Druze ties.
According to Israeli media accounts, not a single student from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights has enrolled for the next academic year in Syria . . .
Community activists were quoted as saying in recent months that efforts are under way to improve the Hebrew instruction offered to Druze students whose first language is Arabic and to ensure they graduate with Israeli high school diplomas, so more young people can attend university in Israel.
• BBC: Iran funds infrastructure in Hezbollah’s Lebanese heartland.
Iranian Atomic Urgency
• Alberto Nisman, the Argentinian prosecutor investigating the AMIA bombing, told Times of Israel editor David Horovitz that there are plenty of indicators that Iran has a terror network set up in Europe similar to what it has in South America.
• Iranian hackers presumably trying to influence next week’s elections are targeting Iranian Gmail accounts. According to Google, it’s an ongoing phishing campaign that “sends users to a fake Google sign-in page in order to steal usernames and passwords.”
(Image of Western Wall via Flickr/Andrew Yanovskiy)
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.