IDNS: Cabinet Meeting On Iran Dramatically Adjourns Over Media LeakSeptember 5, 2012 13:38 by Pesach Benson
Iranian Atomic Urgency
He explained that because any thorough attack on Iran would not be a one-time event and would require repeated efforts, the United States would be better equipped because ‘Israel’s resources are more limited’ than America’s.
• Ahmadinejad admits Iran’s “having some problems in selling oil.”
• The Christian Science Monitor rounds up the who’s who of Israeli opposition to attacking Iran. Capsule soapbox summaries of Meir Dagan, Yuval Diskin, Gabi Ashkenazi, Shimon Peres, and Shaul Mofaz. I wonder if they’ll offer a parallel roundup of the Israelis supporting an attack.
• According to the NY Times, Iran resumed flying military to supplies to Syria over Iraqi airspace.
The Obama administration pressed Iraq to shut down the air corridor that Iran had been using earlier this year, raising the issue with Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq. But as Syrian rebels gained ground and Mr. Assad’s government was rocked by a bombing that killed several high officials, Iran doubled down in supporting the Syrian leader. The flights started up again in July and, to the frustration of American officials, have continued ever since.
• Tsk tsk. Pro-Assad hackers attacked Al-Jazeera’s Arabic web site.
• Turkish public opinion is turning against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his AKP party for their handling of the Syrian uprising. The Wall Street Journal explains why:
- “More than 82,000 Syrians have now sought refuge in Turkey, at a cost of around $300 million to the Turkish government.”
- Emboldened PKK terrorists have stepped up bombings and kidnappings.
- The public hasn’t forgotten hawkish promises to oust Assad.
• Time wonders if Egyptian secularists can take back their revolution.
Rest O’ the Roundup
• Israel Electric Corp. chief to cyber summit: We’re hit with 10,000-20,000 cyber attacks every day. YNet coverage.
• For the anniversary of the Munich Massacre, the BBC remembers the tragedy with archived images and recordings from the time.
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.
Clicking “Unsubscribe instantly” on your mailing will remove you from the Israel Daily News Stream list, but not from your regular HonestReporting emails.