Wednesday April 19th, 2017
Tired of seeing Israel portrayed as a brutal occupier in the media?
An exclusive opportunity to travel with HonestReporting and see the reality for yourself, and answer the difficult questions.
Join us for an exclusive day of military & security briefings with
IDF Col. (Res.) Grisha Yakubovich
Former Head of the Civilian Department in the IDF’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) unit, Col. Yakubovich led strategic dialogue with the international community, Israeli govt. system and Palestinian Authority on economics, infrastructure and foreign affairs. He is an expert on Israeli policy in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, bringing an unparalleled insider’s perspective from a range of roles in the field and from the highest levels of decision-making in Israel.
Our day will focus on the policy, economics, infrastructure, society and security, both from a historical perspective, the present, and what to expect for the future.
During the day, we will explore significant topics such as:
- Infrastructure & development of the Gaza Strip;
- Israeli & international assistance to Gaza;
- Periods of war, such as the recent Operation Protective Edge;
- Palestinian Authority – Hamas – Israel relations;
- How the Hamas terror group seized power, and its plan for Gaza’s development and future;
- Review of the present day situation, and possible solutions for the future.
During the day we will:
- Visit significant sites along the Gaza border;
- Have the rare opportunity of meeting a Gazan resident & hearing first hand about life in Gaza under Hamas-rule.
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Bus leaves from HR offices at 9.00am promptly
Heichal Shlomo Building,
58 King George Street (next door to Great Synagogue), Jerusalem
Cost: $165 per person, including mehadrin packed lunch (gluten-free available)
$150 per person, without lunch
Advance registration and payment required – limited places available.
Register by clicking here