5 Questions For Harriet Sherwood, Who Is Going Off the Deep EndMay 18, 2011 12:19 by Pesach Benson
* * *
Harriet Sherwood’s really gone off the deep end.
The Guardian’s Israel correspondent is going after Geoffrey Alderman for Alderman’s over-the-top commentary about Vittorio Arrigoni, the Italian ISM personality murdered by Islamists in Gaza last month.
Sherwood’s entitled to her views, but I’m struggling to understand a few things:
- Are critiques of London-based commentaries part of Sherwood’s mandate as a reporter?
- Why bother drawing attention to Alderman’s piece?
- Why is her defense of Arrigoni so impassioned?
- Why is The Guardian publishing this on Sherwood’s news blog — instead of in the Comment is Free Section?
- And what does all this say about The Guardian?
Yesterday, I blogged her nasty phone call to Jewish Chronicle editor, Stephen Pollard. I assumed it was just a rant.
It was an interview.