February 1 Morning Links
February 1, 2011 10:51
by Pesach Benson
• Of all the articles I’ve read about the Israeli take on Egypt, Benjamin Kerstein resonates the most. Otherwise, Reuters describes what’s at stake with just the facts.
• Is Roger Cohen channeling his inner Sharansky?
• A Seattle reader wants my take on yesterday’s WSJ Q&A with Bashar Assad.
Since you asked: Assad has clearly mastered the art of using lots of words to say nothing. But you can tell his internet crackdown is serious: Mme Assad’s Facebook status hasn’t been updated for several days.
• It’s only an outrage when Israel does this:
Hamas closes Gaza’s southern border
• Now that the Mossad’s shark attacks successfully undermined Egypt, you gotta be suspicious of new shark attacks in the Bahamas and Cancun . . .