Israel Daily News Stream 05/29/2012May 29, 2012 11:52 by Pesach Benson
Iranian Atomic Urgency
• Israel hints it’s behind Flame, the latest computer virus making headlines for infiltrating Iran. The Jerusalem Post writes:
Vice Premier Moshe Ya’alon on Tuesday said that “whoever sees the Iranian threat as a serious threat would be likely to take different steps, including these, in order to hurt them.”
Speaking in an interview with Army Radio, Ya’alon further hinted that Jerusalem was behind the cyber attack, saying “Israel is blessed to be a nation possessing superior technology. These achievements of ours open up all kinds of possibilities for us.”
Altogether, the regime has treated the West the way a shark would a squid: with the combination of appetite and contempt typically reserved for the congenitally spineless.
• Quite a few news services picked up on an Iranian general’s inadvertent boast that Iranian personnel are in Syria helping Assad put down the rebellion. Take your pick of Fox News, The Guardian, Al-Arabiya, and Radio Free Europe.
• LA Times: The fate of 11 Lebanese Shiite pilgrims abducted in Syria remains unclear. There’s a further complication: the captors claim that three of the hostages are members of Hezbollah. More on that the Daily Star.
• Disgusted with the Houla massacre, Australia expels Syria’s top diplomat.. More at the Melbourne Herald-Sun.
• Egyptians enraged that Ahmed Shafik made it to a run-off election torched the campaign headquarters of Mubarak’s former Prime Minister. If not for the lack of an Israeli flag for protesters to remove, the attackers would’ve been honored. Instead, Reuters writes:
Local media reported the protest had been attacked by unknown “thugs,” though the account could not be independently confirmed.
Rest O’ the Roundup
• Reuters correspondent Dan Williams looks at how the Israeli navy plans to protect offshore gas fields.
• Frida Ghitis (CNN) weighs in on South Tel Aviv’s anti-migrant violence.
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.
Clicking “Unsubscribe instantly” on your mailing will remove you from the Israel Daily News Stream list, but not from your regular HonestReporting emails.