Arab Editor: Fabricating Quotes is Common Practice for Iranian MediaJune 27, 2012 16:33 by Pesach Benson
Iranian Atomic Urgency
• Reuters: International conditions for oil sanctions on are aligning against Iran right now:
But in the past few weeks, a combination of higher output from Iran’s rival Saudi Arabia and economic troubles in China and Europe have pushed oil prices down 25 percent, putting the threat of sanctions back squarely on Iran.
• Worth reading: In a LA Times op-ed, Shahrzad Elghanian says the government destroyed the economy by killing businessmen. He should know: his grandfather, Habib Elghanian was a prominent businessman, community leader, and also the first Jew executed by the Islamic regime:
If Iran after the 1979 revolution had nurtured, rather than ended, entrepreneurs’ visions for the country, wouldn’t businessmen such as YouTube Chief Executive Salar Kamangar, Expedia President Dara Khosrowshahi, MGA Entertainment Chief Executive Isaac Larian and EBay founder Pierre Omidyar have helped transform Iran into a 21st century economic powerhouse?
• Over in the East Bank, Jordan Islamists Seek to Emulate Morsi’s Victory.
• AFP: In the past seven days, 916 Syrians were killed, making it the uprising’s deadliest week.
• Syrian gunmen stormed the headquarters of a pro-Assad TV station, ransacking the building and setting explosives. Haaretz reports that three people were killed in the attack. A Lebanese TV station, Al-Jadeed, was also attacked on Monday. More on that at Naharnet.
• In an interview with the Daily Star, the Free Syrian Army’s top commander says his group has confirmed Hezbollah’s active presence in the civil war.
• LA Times: Egyptian court suspends military’s ability to arrest civilians.
(Image of Elghanian via Wikimedia Commons/Reubenzadeh)
For more, see yesterday’s Israel Daily News Stream.
Clicking “Unsubscribe instantly” on your mailing will remove you from the Israel Daily News Stream list, but not from your regular HonestReporting emails.