In addition to that that other election, now’s the time to vote for the Dishonest Reporter of 2012. It’s our annual recognition of the year’s most skewed and biased coverage of Israel and the Mideast conflict.
Make your voice heard and please choose one of the five nominees below, along with a brief explanation of your choice. (You may also nominate someone else not on the list). We’ll announce the ignoble winners in a few weeks.
There are three ways to vote:
- Post a comment below.
- Post a comment on HonestReporting’s Facebook page.
- Send an email to email@example.com
The five nominees (in no particular order)
- Gideon Levy: Haaretz journalist, for a survey dishonestly concluding that Israelis support racist, apartheid policies.
- Vincent Browne: Veteran Irish journalist, who called Israel a “cancer” on TV.
- 60 Minutes: For the CBS News show’s imbalanced look at the status of Christians in the Holy Land.
- The Guardian: For flying in the face of reality and insisting that Tel Aviv is Israel’s capital.
- Khulood Badawi: UN staffer whose false photo tweet demonizing Israel went viral.
Due to the volume of mail, we can’t acknowledge nominations. For old times sake, see who HonestReporting readers gave the 2011 awards to.
CC BY-NC-SA HonestReporting.com, flickr/Kristen Ortwerth-Jewell, and flickr/Julie Rybarczyk.